Secrets of making “good” porn: among many things we were talking about ideas of beauty, intimacy, emotions and erotica on film. Jennifer Lyon Bell is an erotic film maker, director of Blue Artichoke Films. Blue Artichoke Films is dedicated to making artistic, unusual erotic films that portray sexuality in an emotionally realistic way. We really enjoy her films, especially recommend Matinée which was ‘fuck and mindfuck. This is definitely our favorite…
Blue Artichoke Films is a small group of film enthusiasts dedicated to making artistic, unusual erotic films that portray sexuality in an emotionally realistic way. Whether documentary, fiction, or experimental, Blue Artichoke films borrow from traditional film languages and styles to represent sexuality in new ways.
Jennifer Lyon Bell is the creative force behind Blue Artichoke Films. She’s a Harvard graduate with a BA in Psychology, an MA in Film Studies from the University of Amsterdam and a lifelong passion for understanding sexuality.
More than anything else, she’s felt that her sexuality wasn’t yet reflected in the erotic and pornographic films she saw, and she noticed that many of her friends felt the same.
we share a lot of values regarding sexuality that is one more reason we were happy to have Jennifer on TILOS radio: ”
- Sexual energy is healthy and life-affirming.
- Everyone deserves more outlets for sexual energy — in or out of a relationship.
- Sex is better in the context of other enjoyable and interesting emotions.
- Getting turned on is a perfectly reasonable and legitimate reason for anyone to watch a film.
- A good process of working together is just as important as having a good finished film.”
Een article met Jennifer Lyon Bell, “Porno voor mensen die van film houden”.